Friday 28 October 2011

A Glimpse of God

A Glimpse of God
I wanted to share the picture I used in this blog.  I found it last week as a story in yahoo and was completely amazed by the photograph.  At the end I have included a write up on it. The photo includes the milky way galaxy, the northern lights and a meteor.  At this time of year where we live we can see the northern lights and they are truly amazing to look at. I googled a few websites trying to see how many stars were in the Milky Way Galaxy and got several different answers of course,  but on average there were 500 billion or a thousand million or let’s just say there were too many to count.  A few days before I found the picture I was reading Genesis 1:
 14 Then God said, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them mark off the seasons, days, and years. 15 Let these lights in the sky shine down on the earth.” And that is what happened. 16 God made two great lights—the larger one to govern the day, and the smaller one to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set these lights in the sky to light the earth, 18 to govern the day and night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And evening passed and morning came, marking the fourth day.
Genesis 1:1-3, 14-19.
God is an immeasurable God who not only made the heavens and the earth and a kajillion stars but He also made me and made you.  You and I are one of billions of people on the planet, yet He knows you and cares about you and loves you.
Psalm 139 tells us how well he knows us.
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. 15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
 16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
   Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.  17 How precious are your thoughts about me,[a] O God. They cannot be numbered! 18 I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139: 13-20
So whatever you face today He knows you, He knows what you face and if he can make the universe He can help you through the day you are facing, no matter what your day may hold. I pray that you would be filled with peace and strength as you go thru your day today.
Blessings,
Shelley
An Amateur photographer, Tommy Eliassen, composed the image in Ifjord, Finnmark, Norway. Eliassen made the photo on Sept. 25 using a Nikon D700 with a wide angle lens.  You can see the milky way,  the northern lights and a meteor as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment